View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
ilovereading.com
Connoisseur
ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi. I'm thinking of buying (for budget reasons as I now need to get a new laptop) a used or refurbished Arc (original gen with front speakers) as a back up for my Glo and as a very occasional tablet for when my laptop is out of reach. Is it worth it? Or would it be better to get a 7HD model (the screen res on the Arc 7 is not good from what I've seen but is much better on the HD version)?

Also, what if I get one and it hasn't been updated? The info in the OP says that if it hasn't been done it will need to be done manually via settings, but if the device is stuck on the setup process because it's been factory reset how is that possible?

Any thoughts or opinions on this? Or would I be better off getting another brand of used tablet that has proper e-reader capabilities (NOT Amazon)?

TIA
ilovereading.com is offline   Reply With Quote