View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
And I think in like six months we put out 20 titles.
I've nothing against people earning money honestly.

But as for the price being low, what you pay in proportion to Wilder authorial time is sky high.

Although they do have giveaway books, the median Wilder price seems to be $2.99.

This means that, for one year of their work (40 books), you would pay about $119, or $59 for one year's work of one author.`

Compare that to the one year it takes my favorite researched police procedural novelist, Archer Mayor, to write one book. His major publisher eBooks cost far less than $59.

Or compare to my latest favorite author, Robert Caro, whose books are the product of another workaholic husband-wife team. It takes them at least six years to finish one book. This means Caro books are, by the Wilder price standard, worth about $800 each -- assuming zero value-to-the-reader for the major publisher editorial process.

One could also do a price per word comparison. Caro books are, I think, at least five times the length of a typical genre novel. Maybe it would turn out that Caro and Wilder, by that measure, price similarly.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote