View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I'm not sure that "preserving aspect ratio" has much meaning when you do it by slicing off portions of the image to fit the screen!
Keeping the aspect ratio of any images in the picture is important I believe and many times there is a background on the image that it doesn't hurt to crop a bit. I can see this a good solution in some cases. It all depends on the cover itself. Some covers are all text and not preserving the aspect ratio might the right thing to do for those covers. It is nice to have a choice. After all TV shows and movies chop the image all the time but changing the aspect ratio makes things fat or way to skinny.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote