View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That's exactly what I assumed. I could of course remove the cover.html file before compiling the epub with KindleGen, but since the message displayed by KindleGen is technically neither a warning nor an error message and it'll ignore the cover.html file anyway, I decided to keep in the epub as it is needed for the proper display in ADE.
(I did of course add the required cover image metadata information.)
You can do this, but be warned, it has occasionally still resulted in the dreaded "double-cover" at Amazon.

Quote:
Thanks! I wasn't aware of this. Does this mean that it's pointless to embed a properly referenced cover image in an epub intended for KDP because KDP'll always use the "product image" uploaded in Step 4?
YES, that is exactly what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
So, that was the problem. Kindle doesn't support .html covers and then there is no way to use SVG (for the cover). Bad luck! Many thanks for clarifying this issue.
You are most welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
In ePub 3 it is possible to use an SVG without a HTML file. Has anyone tried that for a cover or for any other image? KF8 is supposed to support ePub 3.

Dale
Dale:

No. I have not tried that yet. It's an idea, but, as I mentioned above, what happens when Amazon supplants the existing cover image in the mobi with the cover uploaded in Step 4, at the KDP?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote