View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #192
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm listening to The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester, which got a lot of attention in the "best sci fi novel" thread, but I'm finding it only okay so far. For the first time in a while I'm spending more time with the book I'm actually reading, Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
Started listening to the first part of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time (I must be out my mind...). I got this as a freebie from Audible.de last year, so no regrets if I stop halfway through. Just curious where all the love and hate for this series comes from.
I gave the first audiobook a go (in English) solely because I enjoy Brandon Sanderson's work, and he finished out the series after Jordan's death, but it was such melodramatic pap. I didn't get far.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote