View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #40
Rick G
Renaissance Geek
Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Rick G has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: iPad & kindle
I have a 16gb wifi ipad 3. Got it the day it came out. We have also have an iPad 2 in the house, so I've gotten a pretty good feel for it comparatively.

Compared to the iPad 2.
- It's definitely thicker.
- I know it's heavier, but I haven't really noticed in day to day activity.
- The screen is beautiful but unless you have an older ipad sitting close by, after a while you don't notice it as much.
- The battery seems to last a little bit longer, at least for web surfing.
- For writing, the extra memory seems to make the Pages app a little bit more stable, although I haven't done any major writing marathons on it yet.

Overall, it's not a bad upgrade. But anyone looking for a mind-blowing performance boost over the ipad2 should probably wait until next year.
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote