View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #91
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I was going to join the subscription until I read a little more closely -- I was thinking it was $100 for 100 sets. Not 50 sets. I agree that book titling and OCRing is not useful for me -- I'm converting the scans into epub with FineReader anyway.

They did contact me -- and a few others, I think -- about why I was sending them 300 books in one month. They were curious about the use case and I told them about library conversion. I guess they took from that that $3 a book for making the book title the name of the PDF was added value. I would say more research is needed on their part.
They're probably astounded out how big the demand is. Suspicious even; there's gotta be a catch! So, they're looking at their Canon Imagerunner high-speed document scanner and thinking, 'Damn, I need 10 more of these!'.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote