View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I also resent the fact you are accusing me of deliberately missing out information in my post, effectively calling me a liar.
Common sense tells me to stay out of this thread, but what's the fun in that?

To me, this seems like an overly aggressive response to Clint, and in an open forum like this is hardly likely to generate a positive response to sabredog from any of the other forumites. Anybody who's spent any amount of time online has seen this stuff happen over and over again, it's just far too easy to misinterpret someone's post without being able to hear their voice, or see their facial expressions or body posture.

In a perfect world, it would be enough to place a support call and then rest assured that the wheels will turn and a solution will come along without any further need for the customer to goose the process along. As a realist, I'd have to say that there's always a strong possibility that won't happen, for whatever reason, and the best practice is to be the squeaky wheel if you want to get oiled faster.

From that respect, it does appear from sabredog's OP that he placed his support call and then hoped for the "perfect world" scenario to come about which, in this case, it didn't. Of course, that's just a guess, based on the scant information from a short forum post. Would I have handled the issue that way? Probably not, but mostly because I'm more of a squeaky wheel personality myself.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote