View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
This is the one drawback to posting in forum like this - we lack facial expression, etc., and have no way to know to how a poster meant to state something - its so very easy to read nasty intent in a post that was surely not meant that way.

I guess the question really is what were you hoping for when you posted here? A place to bitch? (which I can definitely understand ), trying to get some followup support from a Kobo employee that follows posts here? Or something else?

I would heartily recommend following up with Kobo directly - the Kobo support staff isn't perfect, and they could have accidentally marked your request as completed, deleted it, etc - shit happens It only takes a minute to send an e-mail, or add a followup note to your request (however it works?), and hopefully have it ping the person who got the request, or someone new. Worst case, they e-mail you back and say 'We're working on it.'

-----------

For the SD card upgrade technique - I'm of two minds. For me, personally, I absolutely want it, so that I can make changes. For the "average" user, its hard to say - the possibility exists that they'll somehow get ahold of a non-standard image, and brick their kobo. Maybe some message that says 'If you use a non-standard image, and brick you're Kobo, we're not at fault, and we won't help you (or help you much)?' I have an old Nokia n800, and it gave a similar message any time you installed non-Nokia software...
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote