View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #13
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Success, four wall chargers later and I have found one that works and doesn't seize up the kindle. It is Digitor travel, cost $39.95 but reduced to $29.95 at Dick Smiths, and it also charges up the iphone too! Yay.

When I read that it only came with a USB charger cord, that still doesnt explain why many Australian USB wall chargers wont work with it. I just assumed (and there was nothing to say otherwise) that I could plug the USB drive into any USB wall chargers and it would work. There was nothing on the Amazon website to suggest there were going to be any problems in doing this. And for some reason, the USB ports on my laptop wont charge it either - I had to use someone else's computer. Yet those same USB ports work fine with the iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toholio View Post
I very much doubt it was stinginess. It's just another side effect of the international launch of the Kindle being rushed. If they'd not had to rush to ship a day before the Nook launched it wouldn't have been such a mess. We would at least have had a press conference and a few local telco partners for bigger markets.
Well, trying to beat competitors to the market at the expense of the consumer is not exactly praiseworthy.

I think they should have waited until the mains adapter had been sorted out, would have saved me a very expensive phone call to the US on Saturday as the Kindle had seized up! And having waited for many months for its release, what difference would a few weeks have made?

I just think that Amazon should have done this a lot better.

Last edited by Pushka; 10-26-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote