View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
I bought mine to read PDFs and, for me, it does that splendidly. It's great not to have to go through a stack of printouts or read a book on my monitor for very long.

Would I like to have highlight and notes in PDF? You bet. But until they offer them, I'm fine with treating the PDFs the same way I treat library books and make handwritten notes. It does help that I can bookmark a page in a PDF.

And, yes, it would be nice to have buttons on the left, but my guess is that the weight of DX is such that resting the device in your left hand without pressing a key would be problematic. I'm not a designer, so that's a guess, but I've noticed that I do grip the DX right where the Next Page button would be.

I'm keeping my K1 for casual reading - it's light, the screen is crisp and clear, and I enjoy reading on it for long periods of time.

I'm definitely keeping my DX, too, because it does what no other ereader out there below $500 does - it lets me read my large PDF library with ease.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote