View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #40
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I don't want to read about lawyers. I had to work with them. I don't want to read about government conspiracies. If the words paranormal, psychic, romance, or love interest I'll probably pass. If the blurb gives the impression it's a written visit from Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my door I'll pass.

But, it gets worse. I worked with a man named Bruns who was horrible. Funny, but horrible. Today I saw a new book by a man named Bruns. What if he's related?

Unlike some, I don't have a totally negative opinion of self-published books. Pat Conroy started that way and at least if you're self-published you don't have a publisher requiring a "love angle" so they can attract female readers.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote