View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #86
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowella View Post
It always ticked me off royally that I can't access any English books without using search while temporarily residing in a non-English speaking country (and being forced book titles upon me in the local language). Stupid IP link to languages without proper alternatives is in my eyes discrimination against expatriates/travellers.
As davidfor mentioned earlier, you can change your home address in your account settings to an English speaking country... [I know you already did this, but:]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowella View Post
I took your advice at heart and changed my payment address to my old home address and only then it is showing okay. However, it does mean I need to change my payment address back and forth between countries if I want to order a book, which is rather ridiculous.
Nope! You don't have to. Your address does not have to match what your billing address is, it doesn't even have to match your credit card address. I've been using my Dutch credit card on a fake UK address since forever with no problems at all

What davidfor mentioned later, to use several accounts with different countries as address details also works, but I find it not necessary if you only ever read one language (Though I do have several accounts with different countries set, but that's just to scout out the cheapest version of one book; country prices differ and also some countries do and others don't allow promotional discount codes for the same book.)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote