View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The new policy is worse than punishing those who link to free books. If you were to click a link on my blog or in arcdata's thread, that sets a 24 hr cookie (which is what the mega-traffic freebie sites rely upon).

If you then come here and click on tag-less links to free books and purchase them, you'll be adding those free books to the last affiliate's total, possibly causing them not to get paid that month.

If you don't want to do this, be sure to clear your cookies before going to get free books (just "today" may not be enough, if the tag was set the day before -- you need to use "all" to ensure that it is cleared; even that may not be enough, but it's the best you can do).
Clear which cookies specifically, Karen? Cookies are extremely useful - I'm certainly not going to wipe out all the useful information that's stored about the sites I visit!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote