Thread: Classic Is my Nook Classic dead?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshzilla View Post
Leaving the Nook on standby would drain 5% or more from the battery in one day.
Not on mine. I haven't used my Nook classic for maybe 2 months. When loading some books, it still was charged >50%.
My guess: I took out the SIM card, exclusively using WiFi (I had a hack installed 2 years ago, to use my German SIM but don't do this anymore due to lack of SIM cards). Maybe the SIM card drains the battery drastically faster?
I've had the same with my Kindles.
The first 2 (Kindle 2 + DX) had been US only. So I couldn't use 3G in Germany and the batteries easily made 2 months in standby.
On Kindle 3 and Kindle DXG, both international versions, I make way less. 3G checking for updates or stuff like that seems the most plausible explanation.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote