View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
however, they don't get put into author folders, they are just listed by title, which is okay
In your Save template under Preferences - Sending books to devices do you have it set to place your books in subfolders? Such as using
Code:
{author_sort}\{author_sort}-{series:||-}{series_index:05.2f||-}{title}
for the template. It should in theory use Author Last name, First name {author_sort} for a folder for every author.

My books are on my Nexus 7 in exactly that format. I use Calibre Companion to transfer my books to my device and avoid MTP, but you should get the same results using a similar template for sending books to your device via MTP.

Or a better place to point you to might be Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins - SmartDevice App interface. Put your template in the Save template and make sure the Use sub directories box is checked.

Simply add
Code:
{author_sort}\
in front of your existing Sending books to devices or SmartDevice App interface Save template and you should be good to go.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-05-2012 at 03:09 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote