View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
ecojon
ecojon began at the beginning.

Device: various
Hi and thanks Jabby for your help. I updated my Calibre to the latest - all image files had auto height and width of 100% - then validated that in Sigil and the errors didn't appear on validation. I then had Sigil upload the same html file as Calibre and saved as an Epub and validated that and every image failed on the "auto" expression.

So I think you are right that Calibre must change the height width expression of "auto" to one that is accepted as a "regular expression facet". Might be worth incorporating this in a future Sigil update.

Although I still have my probs with both Sigil and Calibre generated Epubs where every SVG image has a series of xml problems on Epubchecker but not on Flight crew - there's no probs with gifs or jpegs so I've saved one of the svg images as a png and will rerun the Epubcheck validation to see what happens to the png saved file.

But I'm not sure if this should be on this topic or elsewhere so forgive if I have strayed a little and once again thanks to Jabby for his helpful response.
ecojon is offline   Reply With Quote