View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #137
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I actually find this very confusing the more I think on it.

How is having Koland and Arcadata and the "career affiliate posters" create their own threads going to cut down on duplication of posts? The "one-time" post and run authors and affiliate linkers will continue to post, only now in addition to merging the threads, the moderators will have to post a no-no warning, lock the thread, and ban the user. (Assuming this is a ban offense. Otherwise, they'll have to send a warning PM and then ban the user if they do it again.)

So how is this LESS work? I'm hearing that the moderators don't want people to make money off of their hard work. And I understand that. But... a lot of people come to Mobile Reads for the deals. So the "career affiliates" people like Arcadata weren't just helping themselves to 4% cash back, they were helping to popularize Mobile Reads. So isn't it something of a fair trade? And even if it's not.... I still don't understand how this method is less work.

And... echoing the others who said that... well, why not just SAY this earlier? If it is easier, somehow, for the moderators this way, most people are going to appreciate that you guys are awesome and you need a break. Saying that some users complained sounds like... you're just following the will of the people. Which then looked odd when the Will of the People wasn't responded to. I just... am kind of baffled by this whole thing.

Clearly I'm an idiot. I'm sorry to be so obtuse.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote