View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #59
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I used z4Root to install Superuser correctly. Otherwise, Softkeys and Button Savior can get root access so only the Home button will work. (Softkeys actually provides notification that it doesn't have root access if you try to use one of the other buttons, Button Savior just fails silently.) Superuser provider the interface that lets programs running on the device access the root.

Superuser is not just an apk--there is a second part which modifies something. The instructions I found for installing Superuser required booting into recovery mode and running a complex set of commands.

Before I tried that, I tried z4Root which did all the work for me.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote