View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shousa View Post
Points taken but again small stores without the same range as paperbacks are irrelevant to the average user who I have defined as needing the same range as paperbacks, Fictionwise and Baen's range may be fine for your needs but do not invalidate this point (I am just repeating this point again).

To put it bluntly (excuse caps) THE BIG STORES WITH A BIG RANGE ARE ALL I AM TALKING ABOUT NOT SMALL STORES WITH A SMALL RANGE NOR PUBLIC DOMAIN.

Kindle ebooks cannot be put on the Sony Reader (without hacking) and neither can Sony ebooks be put on Kindle - THIS IS MY POINT. So having now defined it more accurately I think you can see where I am coming from. Apologies again for my lack of a full definition.

The books in question are bestsellers - the first book (which is not available as an ebook from your sellers) being a new york times bestseller as this link shows. The fact you are ignorant of this book is not an argument.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fir...me_%28novel%29

I really think obscure small stores are not an issue for my defined "average user" and certainly not for me.
Ok, so you want someone to explain to you why you should buy a reader when you can't get the books you want in electronic form, and the books you can get are largely tied to a specific brand device.

Here is your answer:
You should not buy a reader until the books you want are available in electronic form, and you should do your research about what formats are readable on what device before you buy.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote