View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Technically I don't think Gandalf/Hermione would be slash
It is if Hermione's taken a Polyjuice potion to have Aragorn's body!

::runs off to suggest to friends::

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakulos View Post
Good grief! Cant say I've ever really looked at fanfic before so this is a bit of an eye opener. Some 'normal' fiction but the rest of it's like a train wreck - you don't want to look but can't help yourself.
I guess it's an insight into what people really want to read?
If you're looking for a good (i.e. not brainbleach-inspiring) place to start, last year's Yuletide Collection is a reasonable list. Yuletide is a fanfic gift exchange focused on "small fandoms," meaning those that don't already have huge collections of fanfic. This includes literary fandoms like the Vorkosigan Saga, and has extended into "fandoms that don't actually exist until someone writes for them at Yuletide"--like the song "What's Your Mama's Name, Child?"

If you don't want to need mental floss, skip anything marked "E", and especially anything tagged "crack." And anything with the letters "RPF" -- that stands for "Real People Fic." (And although the Wait Wait Don't Eat Me story is *excellent*--and got reported on the NPR website--I don't recommend that people new to fanfic just wander around looking at RPF stories; that way lies madness, possibly involving Stephen Colbert and tentacles.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote