View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Hyer View Post
Thanks banjobama and ATDrake for your recommendations. It looks like 2+ for the nook so far.

Both the Kindle and the nook seem like very similar devices to me. My initial reluctance to both of them vs. the Sony was the idea that I could have access to tons of the classics at the 'free' price point with the Sony. I was amazed when I was using the Sony PRS-600 with Calibre at how easy it was to download many of the classics for free and place them on the 600. Are the Kindle and the nook able to do this too? For some reason I have been thinking that they both were more of a 'closed' system but maybe I need to research them more closely. Do they both (nook and Kindle) play nice with Calibre? Only the nook supports epub? I did sign up for the free classics at B&N just in case that is the way I go. Thanks again!
The Nook works quite well with Calibre. The Nook also allows you do download public domain books from Project Guttenburg, Google Books, and buy books from The Sony Store, The Kobo/Borders Store, Fictionwise, Smashwords, etc. The nook is in no way a closed system.

Add another vote for the wifi nook!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote