View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Agree 100%

The customer seems to be at the bottom of the list, and anyway to let the consumers voice be heard is good. Change will not come unless people DO something. Whining about prices, DRM, delays, formats does nothing. Companies understand only one thing, sales.

I actually wanted this book. But no way will I buy it now. I will not wait a few months to read it, so the publisher will make more money. They will simply loose the money they would have got from me. And yes, the author will as well. It's business, and we are all grownups. They have a right to do as they are doing, and the people/customers have a right to respond.

As I said in another post. Borrow the book, check it out from a library, buy it in a used book store, or get a pirated copy. All four of those options take the money away from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
I agree! If the publishers are going to screw with me, I'll pay them back in kind. They are NOT going to get MY money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenic View Post
Good. Maybe next time the author will go to the different publisher.
These publishers really are shooting themselves in the feet (just like the music and movie industry did, and are still doing to some extent). More and more people I see on here and elsewhere are willing to purchase ebooks, but the publishers just aren't letting them. There's an ill wind brewing and it may just knock down the straw house the publishers built for themselves.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote