View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
OldLincoln
Zealot
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FBReader
Why I love Calibre

Why I love Calibre

1. It works!: Kovid Goyal has written a jewel of an application that has become the Swiss Army Knife of book management. Of course I use only a couple features (either don't understand or need others) but they work every time. I get regular updates and since I've had it not once has the install failed.

2. Support: Not only does it work, when I ask a favor I usually get help. Kovid makes time to jump in and offer help and makes room for the community to step in also. All of you have been very helpful even when I ask for something that can't be done. The last time it was to automate a tedious process and someone posted some script for the bulk-update which works perfectly.

3: It's free: I contribute now and then but likely wouldn't be able to afford an expensive application. Certainly one priced appropriately for all the features.

4: Capacity seems unlimited: I have over 2K books in Calibre and it runs the same today as when I started. Search takes a tad longer but is still plenty fast (AND it searches multiple columns).

Every time I open Calibre I feel good about it. It suits my needs to a "T". I am a very retired man who is a full time caretaker for a family member and mostly read to pass time. I've read over 600 books in the past 2 years and stocked up on Amazon Free books as I'm afraid they will stop being free. Still I'm picky and get only ones I think I'll like.

When asked what I do I tell them I'm a book keeper. Books are wonderful and provide me much enjoyment. Calibre is a big help in that, so thank you very much!
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote