View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #61
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Texas spiders are what, 5" to 6" for the babies and larger for the adults. I remember a troupe of Texas cockroaches carrying off a small child.
Good one. The Wolf Spiders can get fairly big. Same with the Tarantulas. The Brown Recluse are not all that big ... but they pack a really nasty punch. The Black Widow Spiders I have seen have only been about 2 inches across ... but again, not something you want to mess with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
god help you. my hair stood on end just reading that sentence (it really doesn't matter if it's a texan exagerration, it probably is not that far from the truth). why you lot don't collectively move somewhere with more reasonable fauna is just beyond me.
You don't absolutely have to be insane to live in Texas, but it really does help. Ran across another Texas coral snake on the trail yesterday. The snakes really keep me on the trails and out of the brush in the summer. The snakes and the chiggers ... great, now I'm really itching.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote