View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Nook Color - Is this problem the SOD (sleep of death)

This problem started about 3-4 weeks ago. Using CM 7.1 RC and everything was working fine for months. No updates done and no new apps for quite a while.

What Happens: Found that when I used the power button to turn off my NC when I tried to turn it back on, used to just have to press the "N", nothing happened same with the power button. I am sure the Nook was on with no back lighting as a long press didn't turn it on but turned it off and a fresh long press rebooted it. If I press the power button then followed by another press within a minute it comes back on. So I am assuming the problem with the screen occurs when it goes to sleep. So my work around is to just let it go to sleep by itself (set to 2 minutes). I have this week updated to the latest 7.1 stable and the problem is still there.

So is this the SOD that I have read about?

The only thing that I noticed was updated prior to this problem being noticed was ROM manager which I notice updates itself on a regular basis.

Last edited by goldberry; 11-02-2011 at 11:55 PM.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote