View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #44
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
My experience rooting:

So I rooted my NC yesterday, by first installing the 1.01 updating and then using the latest autonooter method. All went well, except that when I first got through the "welcome" screen with the android and back to the homepage none of the soft buttons worked so before I could do the entire YouTube sign-on, etc. I had to hard boot to finish the job.

Yesterday went well, except that Google Books kept force-closing so I uninstalled it. I installed a few launcher replacements to try them (Zeam, ADW Launcher, LauncherPro), and decided I might just stick with SoftKeys instead. I uninstalled Zeam and LauncherPro and thought I'd make SoftKeys my default home before I uninstalled ADW. However, when I tried to do that it stuck on the "choose your home" popup. I hardbooted again and then--gasp!--it got stuck in the bootup screen with colored "NOOK." I hardbooted a few times again to no avail.

So, after some research I did the 8X thing and then the deregistering wipe to start all over. This morning I reinstalled 1.01, used the same MicroSD card (figuring it should work again) and reinstalled the autonooter thing on my NC.

Again when I got to the homescreen the soft buttons didn't work so I had to hard boot to finish the YouTube log-in process.

I might forgo a home launcher this time and see how it goes.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote