View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #15
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I couldn't read the drivel but can almost safely say if PETA is endorsing it I'm a'gin it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
The general message is a good one (neuter your pets), spoiled by some very dodgy statistics
I hate people/organizations that do that sort of thing and manipulate stats and polls to show exactly what it is that they want them to but then fail to own up to it when called on it. Can't they see how it hurts their argument? It means they are either a flat out liar for not acknowledging it, or they are fraking stupid for not seeing that they did it. Of course I guess it only hurts them with the people that pay enough attention and not let themselves be led about by the nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Apart from the science, it doesn't really seem to match any fact I'm aware of. Otherwise we would be drowning in kittens right now. Suburban trains would be stopped by kittens on the tracks. People walking alone at night would be attacked by hordes of kittens. Sewers and drains would be clogged by kittens. CO2 emissions would skyrocket because of all the kitten farts
I agree!! The first thing that came to my mind when I read the 420,000 figure was Captain Kirk and starship full of tribbles.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote