View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #11
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I don't listen to audiobooks, so I'm not here often, but I have a few Sansa Clips. I still use my first generation Clip at night. I play music for 45 minutes every night and have to charge it every week. If I ran it down completely it would probably last 8 or 9 days on a charge.

I also have two Zips, but I don't have a Clip Plus -- I have very specifically avoided them.

OLED displays are very vivid, but they don't last very long. The OLED display on my Creative Zen V Plus faded to black in about four years. Before that I had a generic MP3 player that had an OLED display -- it faded to black in under three years.

I still have the Zen V Plus, and it works fine, but the lack of a display makes things difficult. It's best if I just put it on random play.

I don't know for a fact that a Clip Plus would have the same problem, but I feel safe in assuming it would. I'm pretty sure it's common to OLED displays in general. I also feel pretty confident, based on my experience with the original Clip, in saying that everything else about the Plus would probably still be working fine.

Unless the price difference is pretty substantial, I'd much prefer a Zip or Sport to a Plus.

Last edited by cromag; 11-01-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Corrected minor grammar infraction.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote