View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamm View Post
Did I miss something? What happened?
There's no legal danger here from Amazon, can't imagine what are you referring to...
See Amazon uses DMCA to restrict where you can buy e-books. I agree that there was zero chance of Amazon suing, but I was not the one being threatened by Amazon and it would not have been the first time a company with deep pockets sued without merit.

This had real consequences, for example Visual Kindle Guide was originally deleted and its entries for KindleFIX and KindlePID are still missing in action. It was also the case that before this letter there were no restrictions on giving advice on the use of KindleFIX (because it does not remove DRM), but now there is less discussion about KindleFIX than (say) mobidedrm. The only major use for KindleFIX is to allow MOBI lending library ebooks to work on the Kindle, but that is a significant capability that Amazon should not be able to interfere with.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote