View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by akosimike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Did you try checking remove spacing in the look & feel section under conversion?
Left justifying often makes files shorter as well.
Helen
yup i tried that I also trued to reinstall that also didnt work. any more ideas would be appreciated.
The remove spacing only works on paragraphs or divisions. When you run into a book that it doesn't work on it is usually because the line breaks are hardcoded in the html using <br/> instead of </p><p> paragraph html.

The only way to correct this is by manually editing the html. You can do this by running the conversion with a directory specified in the Debug area of Calibre. Once the (failed) conversion is complete look in the directory you specified and you will find the resultant html before conversion.

I have had easy fixes and books that I decided weren't worth it once I viewed the source. The easy fixes were simply replacing <br/> with <br/><br/> then using a find and replace to substitute </p><p> with every set of <br/><br/> in the document. This changes the line breaks to paragraphs. I use notepad++ for this.

Then I hand edit out the large groups of </p><p> before chapters etc... Drag the new html to Calibre and convert.

Each html document is different, Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote