View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is a Language column, so setting that different for each book would mean that the book is NOT considered a 'duplicate', but a separate title.

The Tag Browser has a Language section.
click the tag you want, then hold the ctrl key and select the language
Thanks but I must have not made myself clear. I do know what the Language column is, I use it passionately (it's actually one of the few columns I use custom coloring with ). Plus, these books wouldn't be considered duplicates anyway, as they have different titles (in the language of the book).

The problem is different: when I find a book I would like to know straight away if there are other versions available so that I can choose what I need (as I don't usually remember if a given book is available in other languages). If I search for authors this is usually not a huge issue (provided that I don't have plenty books written by the same author), as all books are displayed (although I sometimes can't easily tell which books are the same (titles are sometimes translated very freely, covers are different etc.).

If I look for the title, this is much more problematic: only one language version can be found. I could add the original title column and search in both columns but it still doesn't solve the issue (not helpful if I decide to look for the translated title, or for genre etc.).

OK, I probably write too much. I hope I haven't scared everybody away . Please help!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote