View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Kobo IOS App Constantly Hitting Network

Okay, I've searched and can't find an answer to this, but maybe someone here can help me. I've turned off Pulse. But whenever I read in the Kobo app, the little clock animation (upper left corner on top bar) that indicated network activity is almost constantly going round and round... I find the movement on the screen distracting when I'm reading, but it also makes me wonder - what in the world is the Kobo app doing hitting the network all the time? Reading life shouldn't be a constant update - once per page would be sufficient for time spent reading and pages read, but no... all the time.

This is sufficiently disturbing to my reading that I actually loathe using the Kobo app.

Anyone?
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote