View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
LRF2LRF (Font and Margin modifyer)

Hi All,
I’ve created a tool for my personal usage thought others might find it useful.

Description
The tool is called LRF2LRF. The main design of the tool is to change the font size and margins of LRF books. I designed this tool because I tend to find that most if not all LRF books tend to have huge fonts and large margins making. Of course users of this tool can also use it to increase the font and margin size as well.

The design:
This tool is a Perl script that calls Calibre’s lrf2lrs to generate the LRS file. Once the file is modified then calls LRS2LRF to create the LRF file once again.

Known Issues:
- There is a bug in Calibre's lrs2lrf tool that does not create the Header or Footer in the modified LRF file. (Calibre Ticket #909)
- Right Margin does not change (Top/Bottom/Left) margins can be changed (Calibe Ticket #911)

Below are some sample LRF files

INSTALLATION
This tool requires Calibe to run.
1) Put the script in the same location as the Calibe tool. (where lrf2lrs and lrs2lrf is located)
windows:
e.g. C:\Program Files\Calibe

The tool is a command line tool to run LRF2LRF

type
C:\My Books\> lrf2lrf -s 80 myBook.lrf

if no file name is passed "-o mynewname.lrf" the existing LRF (myBook.lrf) file will be modified.
C:\My Books\> lrf2lrf -o myNEWBook.lrf -s 80 myBook.lrf
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Children of Odin_original.lrf (1.60 MB, 1742 views)
File Type: lrf The Children of Odin_Modified-wLRF2LRF_default-values.lrf (1.59 MB, 1715 views)
File Type: lrf The Children of Odin_BIG_FONTS-15pts.lrf (1.59 MB, 1684 views)
File Type: zip lrf2lrf-v1.02.zip (3.2 KB, 1731 views)
File Type: zip lrf2lrf_v1.02_Windows_EXE.zip (891.3 KB, 1827 views)

Last edited by =X=; 09-15-2008 at 11:23 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote