View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #14
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie447 View Post
I wondered at what point the formatting might start to choke on large numbers of files. I have over 5000 eBooks as well but I hesitated to put too many on at the same time worrying about lockups or slow directory loading.
It's not really that I hit the upper limit so to speak, but I do notice menu structures opening slower when comparing a good 10 books on a card to a good 10.000.
I believe I read somewhere that the JBL is limited to 256 ?or 299? pages of books, or something, but never tested it.
The JBL is way worse than the Jetbook. But even on the jetbook, OS boots slower, menus show slower (in a sense, takes ~1,5-2x longer to load, not saying menu's,or flipping pages in the os now take minutes to open),
and not even to mention if the books are organized alphabetically, the time it takes to go to a book starting with a 'k' is significantly longer with 10k books as it is with 10 books!

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-19-2012 at 04:11 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote