View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #27
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which is not a problem as your thoughts are always welcome

I have done this to sync my two devices. Mainly to prove it worked, but, I did mess up my Glo the other day and had to read on the Touch for a while.

But, it is most useful for a factory reset. I store the reading location for all the books on the device, then after the factory reset, put the books that are in progress back. Then do a restore of the reading status. As I also put already read books in a series back on the device, I can also set them to an appropriate status. Doing this has taken a factory reset from "avoid at all costs" to just a big nuisance.

For the books you have synced the wrong status, you can clear it using the Update Metadata option, or the Change Reading status option in the device list. But looking at it, Store/Restore probably should have the "Clear if unread" for the restore as well. And there isn't an easy way to clear both the library and the device.
I actually don't care if they are in the Reading Shelf. It could be useful as a reminder of which books I am reading on other reader.

I can say aha, I really want to finish that book

And maybe I can get the reading shelf on the Aura home page, making the home page slightly useful.

I am very very happy with this plug in. You and PeterT are very talented men.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote