Thread: PRS-600 New Note Importer
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
gbargoud
gbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-booksgbargoud has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 600
New Note Importer

I have updated the PRS Note Importer to save preferences for input and output files.

Who this is for:

The PRS Note Importer is for students or other people with a stable weekly schedule who use their PRS for taking notes in class. What it does is after you put in your weekly schedule, it will copy the notes into different directories based on the time stamp of the notes and your schedule. It does NOT convert the .note files into .svg files, I do not actually know how to yet. To read them afterwards, I would recommend this excellent piece of software as it is what I use.

Installation Instructions:

Copy the contents of the zip file to the root directory of your PRS. This means adding the Import.sh, Import.bat files and inner Note Importer directory in the root directory of your reader (or the corresponding directory on your memory stick or SD card for it). To run it you then just click on the Import.sh or Import.bat file depending on your OS.

FAQ:

will fill out when people actually ask questions.

Requirements:

Python and TkInter are required for this to work. To download TkInter:

For Ubuntu:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-tk
It should be preinstalled on Mac

The Windows installer is available here

The source can be found here

for any other information about TkInter or installation on another OS go here

Request:

I need someone to help me test this on Windows as I have not done that yet. The main part is making sure the .bat file works. I am quite confident about the rest.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoteImport.zip (5.3 KB, 216 views)
gbargoud is offline   Reply With Quote