View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You may have noticed my many posts praising A Fire Upon the Deep. Skroderiders. Any universe featuring ancient potted palms riding around on scooters which contain their intelligence for them just has to be an interesting place to exist.
possibly that's whats made me read it so soon.. and made my eyes stop over it when I was reading over the Hugo list. the name just kept poping up all over the place. it is quite a complex book. I remember being more than 1/3rd into it and I still didn't understand what anything was or how it fit. by about halfway though though most things clicked into place. what the heck a Skrode was etc etc etc. it takes alot of investment to read it, but rich rewards.

I love the Tines, and I love the way it ended. with Humans and Tines working together. very man and mans best friend, and it was almost obvious from Amdijefri throughout the novel.

I had one minor inconsistency. when Tyrachet put on the cloaks, I thought that put Her In Control and submerged Flenser. but when we come back to her later. Flenser is in control. did I just Miss read and Flenser was in control from that time. or was it an inconsistency? when I think back to the reasoning it would make more sense that Flenser spent time in the cave of echos then Tyrachet would, a School teacher. but it surprised me
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote