View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #1609
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
What do people think the minimum age recommendation for reading the Dreseden files series is?
I began reading little segments of some of the books out-loud to my daughter when she was around 12-13. These mainly involved scenes that focused on Mister and, later, Mouse. So some selective editing was done on my part with just the omission of what was left unread.

She asked if I could loan her the books for "busy work" in school last year and I did thinking at 15-16 she could handle anything that might be referenced in the books.

Honestly, if your child is going to public school - anywhere - they have been exposed to way worse than anything that might appear in the Dresden series. Not being jaded here, just realistic.

Either way, when I think back to my reading selections when I was the same age, some of the horror and sci-fi books I was reading was probably a little over what I should have been exposed to, but I turned out OK...

...right?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote