View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
That helping hand is purely political. A relatively small company like HTC obviously represents but a tiny fraction of Taiwan's enormous exports. But the boss of HTC came out very strongly in favor of the government during the recent elections and the government wants to keep this industry alive. And all this help amounts to is officials making public statements urging people to buy HTC instead of Samsung. Of course, in a democracy that means that many people now definitely will NOT be buying HTC devices.

But I would like to mention that when I visited Taipei a few days ago, going by train and public transportation I saw a total of 5 iphones only! It was a sea of HTCs and Samsungs. This was a marked contrast to my experience about 1 year ago when it seemed as if everybody and his dog had an iphone.
Here's the info I read:

Quote:
HTC is having a bit of a rough patch on the financial side, and Taiwan's Central Bank Governor Perng Fai-nan has asked the government to step in and offer an assist, saying the smartphone manufacturer's financial status is "of vital importance to the islands' gross domestic product" according to the Commercial Times.
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote