Thread: Embedded fonts?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #31
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
By the way, I wonder if the publisher actually obtained the rights to distribute those Ariel fonts... The Tex project does have substitutes, after all.

and I think that may be the greater issue, rather than hardware/software limitations; do the publishers or the distributors (depending on responsibility) have licensing rights to use particular fonts within an ebook? in my example, the epub was obviously built up to use time new roman, but the font files themselves were missing, defaulting to the device's fonts.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote