View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #16
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Mills and Boon (and perhaps other romance publishers) have a term for historical fiction that isn't accurate. I can't remember what it is, but basically it allows the characters to speak and act the way people do today in a supposedly historical setting.

Personally, I'd prefer things to be as accurate as possible, though I wouldn't have any objection to reading a piece of absurdist fiction with a historical setting.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote