View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 05:24 AM   #420
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
The covers that I applied are not to be found on the larger market because the 13,3 inch existing tablets do not have the same length and width with Max2. Both Onyx and Booxtor have to put a special order with manufacturers for the exact measures of Max2, that's the problem
Quote:
Clear Coat Mobile Outfittery in Germany answered they don't have the right protective screen for Max2. Apparently they don't do customised layers as suggested on the US website. Either they have such a machine only in the US, or they buy templated layers for common smartphone and tablet models as all the others do
They can also accept sheer dimensions, as in 123x45mm. Only the "warranty" formula "come back anytime and it will be re-applied for a few Euros" becomes unapplicable.
Where I go, they fitted devices they did not have in their database - e.g., round watches of custom size.

Those shops I mentioned (e.g. the "mobile outfitters" ones) have plotters: that's how they use their database, they cut from larger sheets in real time. And the cutting plotters also take custom values.

The real problem you may have is with the rounded corners of the bezel framing the screen.

Quote:
This means one has still to order the protective screens via Internet and install them himself.
Of course not, it means that you can do that or just look around for more available professionals.

Last edited by mdp; 05-02-2018 at 05:34 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote