View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadas View Post
I have a Boyue Mars that runs Android 6.0 that I'd like to update to 8.0. The instructions talk about double-clicking DriverInstall.EXE, which I know in advance will do nothing interesting on my Ubuntu Linux 20.04LTS system.

Is there a manual process I can use, or am I stuck having to find a Windows system?

Aloso, there's a "warm reminder" that I should "Please properly back up all important files in advance, upgrade will clear all the file contents." Does this mean I have to reinstall my apps and re-migrate my 8,000+ book Calibre library?
If you get a micoSD card get one with the "A1" or "A2" Android speed rating.using ubuntu file manager create a directory called ' books ' (all lower case letters) in the root directory of the microSD card.insert SD card in Likebook Mars. use Likebook Mars file manager to copy all your books contained inside the internal "/Books" directory to the external SD cards " /books " directory.unmount the SD card.
after you install 8.1 and reboot you have to relog into google play and reinstall apps listed in your programs library in your google play store...in Settings/power management turn off screen saver and automatic shutdown .. if you insert your SD card and reboot the Likebook Mars the books on the SD card won't be visible to the Mars ereader program until the Mars has finished scanning ,error checking and adding all the books in the inserted SD cards '/books' directory into its internal book catalog file.. this can take much longer than 10 minutes (depending on external SD card MAX access read speed+number of ebooks) ..when it has finished then in Settings/power management turn on screen saver and automatic shutdown .. all your books will be visible when you are on the Home screen inside the 'Library' tab inside the Books folder.the reboots in the future will be fast boot-up times .
when you want to add more books just insert SD card into ubuntu machine and use the ubuntu to copy books to the SD cards "/books" directory.

Last edited by raygj; 12-29-2020 at 09:28 PM.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote