View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks for the comments CharlieBird.

Sleep? What's that? We spend half the night converting books, half the night reading books we converted, and the other half reading books others converted.

We are still testing the waters and exploring what settings in BookDesigner provide the best reading experience. We have been producing LRF format books for the Sony Reader and have therefore invested substantial time and effort in crafting the books for that format. We want to extend this to all that use the PRC/MOBI format.

One of the areas we know to be a problem is the Table of Contents (or TOC.) The BD program has a default setting to create a TOC for the Sony Reader from marked chapter headings. However, this does not currently carry over to the PRC/MOBI generated books. Some creators, like Harry, have always created their own TOCs where the main TOC takes you to a secondary TOC. This is easily seen in his omnibus editions where the main TOC lists the books in each volume and the secondary TOC lists the chapters in the specific book. I have mainly used the default TOC in BD and this has worked very well for me (so far.)

I have just recently contacted the creator of the BD program (vvv) and asked about the possibility of extending the automatic TOC generation feature to PRC/MOBI output.

I have a version of Don Quixote Pt.1 and it is over 50 chapters. I will post it for you but be warned, there is no TOC.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote