Old 05-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #103
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Do you have a link to this fix?

I searched forever and could not find it again, I think it was about the reference file, and I see the guide you have now talks about reference.kepub.epub, so I am going that a shot as I type this post.

I downloaded a free kepub "The Idiot" but when I told Calibre to import it off the Glo, it told me it could not do it because it was a "Virtual" book. I then found the file on the Glo through windows explorer, which did not have a file extension, even with the "hide known file extensions" unchecked (which I keep it that way anyway). It was a string of numbers & letters, but I was able to rename it to reference.kepub.epub and it opened in Calibre's internal ebook reader, so I figured I am good to go. It has been copied to the plugin directory.

I deleted all the books on the Glo, and am now sending them back via Calibre. This is all I should have to do correct? I found it odd that I can't seem to find an actual DRM free book in kepub from kobo? Did they get wise to this or is it just a US region thing they are doing? If I go to the Kobo bookstore via my PC and look at every free ebook, all I see are epubs and pdf's? I tried one and it was just an epub on my device as it did not open with the "Reading Stats" option I get with (faked) kepubs. The books I downloaded via Kobo bookstore directly on the Glo device (Calibre calls them "Virtual") are kepubs because they have Reading Stats. Again, one of these "Virtual" books is what I used for the reference.kepub.epub fiel, so I hope it will end up working correctly.

Edit: Negative. I don't think it worked. Still resetting me back to the first page of a chapter and the bookmark feature (which once worked "ok") now also resets a bookmark back to the first page of a chapter. My guess is that "Virtual" kepub I downloaded via the Glo may be the problem.

Is there another place to find a legal DRM-free kepub to use as the reference.kepub.epub file? Again Kobo seems to have changed some things around on the bookstore.

Last edited by Thalinor; 05-09-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote