View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #14
janjanjan
Enthusiast
janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook ST Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post

Thank you for the information. I'm interested in what the NGLP has to say about the issue. It's odd that there's a much larger selection of audio books than there is ebooks. This seems to be true of many Overdrive libraries. I wonder what it is about audio books that makes them more readily available.
I believe this is a library specific issue. When our library first subscribed to Overdrive, there were zero ebooks available. Over time, there was apparently enough demand from local patrons that the local library began to experiment with ebooks as well as audio.

Interestingly, today it is very common to find that the ebook version is readily available while the audiobook is checked out and has 6 reservations. So, it appears that many people are enjoying audio books. I certainly fit into that group, but it may be because I haven't actually invested in a small reading device.
janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote