View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #53
jtt
Connoisseur
jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: PB 622, PB 623
Exclamation

Hi Paolo,

Quote:
I've the 'old' touch, the 622; the last fw (euro) is 4.4.443 and I've put this one on the reader
Thanks to the file with the commands you sent me via email I was able to reproduce the problem also on the PB623 with the FW 4.4.663.

I've now rechecked a number of things in the program (especially memory allocations etc.) but didn't find any obvious issues that would explain what's going on. So, at the moment, I tentatively tend to put the blame on an issue in the inkview library (i.e., some hard-coded but undocumented upper limit on the number of entries a (sub)menu can have). Of course, since I don't have the source code for the library, there's no proof - it could as well be some stupid mistake of mine I haven't found yet.

A few tests showed that there seems to be a "magic" number: if I allow only 539 or less entries in the list of commands then the effect seems to go away (at least on my PB623). The moment I raise it to 540 or above again it reappears. I'm not happy with "magic" numbers but currently my only recommendation is to avoid exceeding this strange number of 539 for the 'max_history' value in the pbterm.cfg file (and staying a bit below with e.g 500 might be prudent).

Best regards, Jens
jtt is offline   Reply With Quote