View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstjmack View Post
Generally I'd be in favour of a publisher producing a for-cash edition of copyright-free material already available on the internet - if they can show some value add. This probably is such a case - as long as the original source is properly credited with its terms of use properly adhered to, and reimbursed where appropriate. Admittedly, if The Eldritch Dark wasn't already there and already so wonderful, CAS lovers would have even more cause to celebrate. But in this case, I'd be less inclined to debate copyright adherence than crediting the source and terms of use.
But it's not "copyright free". Mr Ashton Smith died in 1961 - his work is still very much protected by copyright everywhere that has a "life+70" copyright law, such as both your country and mine have. Downloading his work, or reading the stories on the internet, is as much copyright infringement as downloading any other pirated work would be.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote