View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
goesta
goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
On my Glo (firmware 2.3.2), I have to tap somewhere other than a link in order to turn a page, otherwise the link gets priority.

I don't have the Discworld books, do you have an example of a free book with the problem? The book I just tried works fine: http://www.feedbooks.com/book/83/war-and-peace
Hi, thanks for the response. I have meanwhile tried using a stylus and have indeed had the same experience as you: the footnote is in fact prioritized, but if you try to tap with a (big) finger, you tend to get the page turn instead. Interestingly/frustratingly, the stylus works reasonably well with footnotes in the left & right areas, but if the note happens to fall on the first or last line of the page, I get the top/bottom menu popping up instead of the note, no matter how precise I try to be.

Also, I have differing degrees of success depending on what I use for a stylus. The size of the tip seems crucial -- too small and it isn't recognized, too large (eg. pencil eraser) and it becomes too inaccurate. Can anyone recommend a good stylus for the Glo?

Thanks for the responses!
goesta is offline   Reply With Quote